Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions are the competition rules
("Rules") that apply to all competitions
("Competitions") organised by or on behalf of UTV Media (GB)
Limited and all of its group companies (including, but not limited to, UTV
Radio Limited and TalkSPORT Limited) ("UTV Media (GB) Limited")
(in each case, the "Promoter"). For the purposes of these Rules,
the term "Promoter" shall also include (a) all radio stations
operated by any member of the UTV Media (GB) Limited, and (b) all agents,
sponsors and event promoters involved in organising Competitions through
or on behalf of any member of the UTV Media (GB) Limited .
- In addition to the Rules, other specific terms and conditions
may apply to a particular Competition ("Specific Rules"). Such
Specific Rules will be posted on the relevant Promoter's website and will
be deemed incorporated into these Rules. In the event of any discrepancy
between these Rules and the Specific Rules, the Specific Rules shall
- By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these
Rules and any Specific Rules that may apply.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend any
Competition, these Rules or any Specific Rules at any time without prior
notice. Any changes will be posted either within these Rules or the
Specific Rules or on the relevant Promoter's website. The Promoter may at
any time, without notice, issue further terms and conditions to be read in
conjunction with these Rules and any Specific Rules that may apply.
- Each entrant must be over 18 years of age and resident in the UK to
- Officers, employees and agents of the Promoter and any party
associated or directly connected to or with the specific Competition
(including sponsors) and their families, officers, employees and agents
(as applicable) and anyone who has won a prize on any radio station or
website operated by the Promoter within the last 12 months are not
eligible to enter any Competition.
- Only one entry per person per Competition is permitted, unless
- Proof of making a phone call, sending post or email is not
proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for
entries that are lost, delayed or damaged or otherwise affected by matters
outside our control.
- Where a Competition has a closing date and/or time, all entries
must be received before such date and/or time. Late entries will not be
taken into consideration in the selection of a winner.
- By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information
submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it
has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these
Rules or any Specific Rules or any other terms and conditions that apply
to any Competition. Furthermore, entrants who are rude, abusive or deemed
otherwise unsuitable by the Promoter will be excluded from the relevant
- The Promoter also reserves the right to reject entries, votes, applications
or claims and to alter, amend or foreclose a Competition without prior
notice in its absolute discretion. The Promoter reserves the right to
disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant
has breached any of these Rules or any Specific Rules.
competitions which involve a winner being selected via a public vote, only
one vote per person is permitted, unless otherwise stated. Entrants must use
their legal name and must register a valid email address to be entitled to
vote.Entrant IP addresses may be logged for monitoring purposes. The
Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any vote if it has reasonable
grounds to believe that it has not been cast in accordance with these
Rules or any Specific Rules.
- Collusion with other Competition entrants is strictly
prohibited and may result in immediate disqualification.
- Callers are not necessarily entitled to participate in on-air
Competitions and will not necessarily appear on-air in the order in which
they are called. The Promoter shall not be liable to reimburse callers for
telephone charges when either on hold or on-air. Where the situation
arises, only the person who is selected to come to air (if applicable) is
eligible to win if they give the correct answer.
- Competition winners will be chosen at random unless otherwise
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be
- The Promoter will endeavour to notify and deliver prizes to
winners of each Competition within 30 days of the closing date set for such
Competition. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure
to reply within 30 days or as specified in the notification may result in
disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
- In the case of Competition prizes in the form of free tickets
for a particular event, the Promoter will contact the prize winner by
phone and prize details shall be as printed on the event tickets. Ticket
holders shall be bound by (a) these Rules, (b) any Specific Rules that
apply, (c) any terms and conditions set out on the event tickets and (d)
the rules and regulations of the particular venue (as applicable).
- All Competition prizes are subject to availability.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other
expenses, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the
- No Competition prize may be transferred or assigned to any
other person and no cash alternative or alternative prize is available. In
the event of the advertised Competition prize being unavailable for
whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative
prize of equal or greater value.
- Competition prizes are awarded at the Promoter's sole
discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions
by or on behalf of any entrant.
- No responsibility will be accepted for inaccurate Competition
prize details supplied by the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any damage, loss,
injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering, or being unable
to enter, any Competition or as a result of accepting any Competition
prize. Neither shall it be held responsible for any problems or technical
malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line system,
servers or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any e-mail
or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic
congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any
combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or
any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting
from participation in or downloading any materials in a Competition.
Nothing shall exclude the Promoter's liability for death or personal
injury as a result of its negligence.
- Competition winners may be required to take part in or
co-operate with publicity or any other form of promotional activity. The
Promoter reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners,
their photograph and any recordings of them (be it audio or visual) in any
publicity or promotion. All Competition entrants agree to their name and
home town being published on-air and elsewhere. Entrants agree to their
participation being broadcast, recorded, repeated and otherwise used for
any reason by the Promoter without being entitled to any payment for such
use. The Competition winner may be required by the Promoter to participate
in a photo, video and/or film session and the winner hereby acknowledges
that the Promoter has the right to use such photos, videos or films in any
medium and in any reasonable manner for any purpose as it may see fit.
- Any personal data relating to Competition entrants will be used
solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation
and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's consent.
- The Promoter will keep a winning entrant's personal details for
a reasonable time so that it can send the entrant the winning prize, to
verify that these Rules (and any Specific Rules, if applicable) have been
complied with, and for accounting purposes. The Promoter may pass a
winning entrant's details on to its sponsors, service providers or agents
for the purposes of sending out winning prizes on its behalf.
- Entrants agree to keep confidential any information of
whatsoever nature regarding UTV plc and UTV Media (GB) Limited and their
respective businesses, personnel, agents, sponsors and event promoters
received by entrants as a result of winning or participating in any
- Each Competition (including these Rules, any Specific Rules and
all matters incidental thereto) shall be governed by English law and all
parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Any enquires regarding these Rules and any Specific Rules
should be directed to: