What You Can Do In The Hot Weather
This week some areas are expected to be hotter than Marbella and Ibiza, the Met Office predicts.
This mini heatwave will continue into Friday testing everyone's resolve as we are still being urged to avoid crowded outdoor spaces.
After Boris Johnson announced the loosening of some of the lockdown restrictions in England last week, sunbathing and picnics are now allowed in parks - as long as the two-metre social distancing rule is observed.
Here's what you can do in the heat:
- Spend time outdoors - picnicking or sunbathing, for example
- Travel to an outdoor open space irrespective of distance, but not with someone from outside your household unless you can observe the two-metre social distancing rules - for example by cycling
- Take day trips to an outdoor open space in a private vehicle
- Meet one other person from a different household outdoors, while following social distancing guidelines
- Exercise outdoors as often as you like - again keeping at least two metres apart
- Use a tennis or a basketball court, or a golf course with members of your household, or one other person
- Go to a garden centre