Include Me TOO are now offering practical and emotional support to families with disabled children and young people who are isolating.
Include Me TOO have been helping local families in a number of ways:
- Coordinating efforts in supporting families to access household essentials.
- Providing online support groups and workshops for families.
- Emotional Support for parents and carers and someone to talk to.
- Innovative ideas to support sensory needs and physical needs
- Providing support in terms accessing vital equipment
Include Me TOO have been successful in securing Big Lottery funding to continue outreach support and increase advocacy work. The ‘Reaching Out’ project will build upon their want to develop an advocacy, support and empowerment programme.
They also want to provide culturally sensitive accessible support to families who are not aware of support available, who may have language and cultural barriers increasing the challenges they experience in getting the best for their disabled child and family.
They'll be able to join the family support network including a father’s disability awareness and support workshops.
Reaching Out will include
- Outreach and peer support within our diverse communities connecting families with disabled children and young people to peer and befriending support
- Reducing isolation, breaking down cultural and language barriers and increasing access to support.
- Provide informative and supportive workshops to increase families knowledge of rights, disability & autism awareness, build skills and create solutions
- Provide appropriate and responsive support through Include Me TOO family support networks, training and events
- Provide disability awareness community workshops to increase disability inclusion, understanding and support.
- Support to apply for essential equipment, aids and grants to improve your child's wellbeing